[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs on Leopard scrolling problem

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Dec 26 16:28:47 EST 2007

Hi Everybody,

I just upgraded to Leopard and Aquamacs 1.3rc1. Now I have a problem
with the scroll-key features:

I have the following customization in .emacs:
    (when jk/aquamacs-p
      (progn
        (setq mac-function-modifier 'hyper)))

However, now on my Macook i run into the problem, that with this
customization, <up> sends

<H-down> runs the command (lambda nil (interactive) (scroll-up))
   which is an interactive Lisp function.
It is bound to <H-down>.
(anonymous)

(determined via C-h k <up>)!!!

Whithout this on customization, I receive the following instead:

<up> runs the command visual-line-up
   which is an interactive Lisp function in `osxkeys.el'.
It is bound to <up>.
(visual-line-up num-lines)

Why does (setq mac-function-modifier 'hyper) change the behavior of
<up>?
How can I revert that change? Or should I proceed differently to get a
Hyper modifier for my fn key?

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll