[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs on Leopard scrolling problem

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Thu Dec 27 06:23:52 EST 2007

Hi David,

On 27.12.2007, at 12:05, David Reitter wrote:

>> I just upgraded to Leopard and Aquamacs 1.3rc1. Now I have a
>> problem with the scroll-key features:
>
> OK, can you tell whether this problem was introduced between
> Aquamacs 1.2 and 1.3rc1 or in Leopard? (Suspect the latter.)

Don't now, I'll play around wih 1.2 on Leopard and see what that does.

>>      (setq mac-function-modifier 'hyper)))
>>
>> However, now on my Macook i run into the problem, that with this
>> customization, <up> sends
>>
>> <H-down> runs the command (lambda nil (interactive) (scroll-up))
>
>> Why does (setq mac-function-modifier 'hyper) change the behavior of
>> <up>?
>
> What's your keyboard configuration?

I have a MacBook with an International English keyboard.

I am typically using a homebuild layout based on US English (with
umlauts on Alt-a, ...). I can reproduce the problem with the standard
US english layout as well.

> The function key support is quite the hack (I accept the blame),
> because there isn't or wasn't support for it coming from the OS. It
> will, for instance, fail on non-English keyboard layouts, even
> though up/down should be just the same on the German keyboard that
> you're presumably using.

Well, it has worked on the same hardware, using the same keyboard
layouts before. So it must be something with the Leopard/1.3rc
software combo. I also suspect Leopard and will come back with more
info here.

> As a workaround, you can always re-bind the keys.

good point;)

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll