[OS X Emacs] Emacs.app 9.0-rc3 released

Joe Davison halting at comcast.net
Tue Nov 27 19:12:10 EST 2007

Granted, it is an artifact of the compilation process;   still,  I'd
prefer it not rename it to src/epath.h until it has proved satisfactory.

Seems to me this is another example of the differences in knowledge
within the emacs community.   There are very few who are
knowledgeable enough to be able to build emacs for random platforms
and debug any problems encountered.  The compile script encodes a lot
of knowledge about the process so that I don't need to know it.

I've been using emacs for over 25 years.  I have a working knowledge
of most of the technologies involved (C, lisp, elisp, makefiles, CVS,
unix...) in building emacs.app.  Nonetheless, I have no desire to
invest the time to integrate all that information so I can build
emacs.app without the compile script.
I'm getting tired of climbing learning curves.   I'm happy to
contribute as I can without having to spend signficant time learning
details I only need for that purpose.   The compile script goes a
long way to reducing the learning curve and making it possible for
others, like me, to contribute.

joe