[OS X Emacs] Emacs.app 9.0-rc3 released

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 28 04:24:09 EST 2007

Am 28.11.2007 um 06:37 schrieb Adrian Robert:

> On this subject, Peter I notice there is an --enable-locallisppath
> argument handled in emacs/configure.in.  Is there some reason we
> couldn't use this in some way instead of the compile script
> modification?

You mean to use --enable-local-lisp-path=<some value> among
NS_CFG_OPTS? This fails with paths containing space characters as in
``/Library/Application Support/Emacs´´. I have no idea how to pass
this space as the part of a valid path name to the configure script ...

IMO a final statement like

	if [ -f ../src/epaths.h-orig ]; then
	    mv ../src/epaths.h-orig ../src/epaths.h
	fi

would allow to 'patch' src/epaths.h every compile time anew. This
should also be part of a trap in case compilation process is
interrupted or it failed to assure that all temporary changes are
removed.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau: à chaque nouvelle
cuvée on sait que ce sera dégueulasse, mais on en prend quand même,
par masochisme.