[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and TeX-output-view-style

Geoffrey Ferrari geoffrey.ferrari at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:02:24 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm using Aquamacs 1.3b on Leopard to prepare LaTeX files. I use Skim
as my pdf viewer so I have a line in my customization file (of which
more below) as follows:

;; Set the output view style to use Skim
(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook
             (lambda () (add-to-list 'TeX-output-view-style '("^pdf$" "."
             "/Users/ghferrari/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline
%n %o %b"))))

This works fine for a time. But eventually, after viewing a pdf
document a few times, the variable TeX-output-view-style reverts to
the aquamacs default of "open -a Skim.app %o". I've tried
custom-setting this variable and then saving options, but that does
not prevent the problem either. Does anyone understand what is going
on, and how I can prevent it?

In case it matters, my customization mechanism is that I have my
customizations spread over several files (one for TeX/LaTeX, one for
org-mode, one for html, ...). Then, in my ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs\
Emacs/Preferences.el I bring in all these files via (require 'xxx).
This works perfectly on the terminal version of emacs, but perhaps not so well
under Aquamacs.

Thanks in advance for any help

Geoff