[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and TeX-output-view-style

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 14:55:52 EDT 2008

On 8 Apr 2008, at 19:02, Geoffrey Ferrari wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Aquamacs 1.3b on Leopard to prepare LaTeX files. I use
> Skim
> as my pdf viewer so I have a line in my customization file (of which
> more below) as follows:

Have a look at the change log that comes with Aquamacs 1.3b:  Aquamacs
supports Skim out-of-the-box.

> document a few times, the variable TeX-output-view-style reverts to
> the aquamacs default of "open -a Skim.app %o". I've tried
> custom-setting this variable and then saving options, but that does
> not prevent the problem either.

I agree that this is not ideal; I will see to it that this will be
fixed in the next Aquamacs release.
Until then (if you are unhappy with the standard Skim support), add
this to your Preferences.el:

(defun aquamacs-check-for-skim () )

Let me know if that doesn't work, and we'll set you up with a nightly
build that has a fix.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!