[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.5RC3

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:57:52 EDT 2008

On 21 Aug 2008, at 11:34, José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

> On 21 Aug 2008, at 16:35, Rick Zaccone wrote:
>
>> I am using Aquamacs 1.5RC3.  When I drop a file onto the Aquamacs
>> icon, it opens the file in a new window, as it should.  It also
>> opens a scratch buffer in a new window and places that new window
>> on top of the window it opened for the file I dropped.  I don't
>> know if this qualifies as a bug, but it is certainly annoying.  How
>> do I stop the scratch window from opening?
>
> This is more than I can do!  I drop a file onto the Aquamacs icon (a
> file which I created with Aquamacs and which the Finder identifies
> with an Aquamacs file icon) and nothing happens.  This also happens
> with a vanilla instance of Aquamacs, launched without
> customisations.  (I'm also using 1.5RC3.)  I would like to help
> debug this, by the way, so I would appreciate any pointers as to how
> to go about it.

Please do look into it (I can't see it right now).

Relevant pointers:

- var: mac-apple-event-map
- function that handles the d&d: mac-ae-open-documents

perhaps it's this special-display-p check that was introduced recently.

PS.: Rick, José, are you on aquamacs-devel?  Let's take this there
please!

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!