[OS X Emacs] Incremental search in Aquamacs 1.4

Richard Vile hashiru at chartermi.net
Fri Aug 29 19:57:47 EDT 2008

Hi All,
I recently started using 1.4 on my repaired iMac (internal drive
failed before the box was a year old!) - I am annoyed by a changed
behavior and I'd like to know:

(a) Do others share my annoyance?
(b) How do I turn the behavior back to the "old" way.

The behavior in question is that when incremental search matches a
string and you hit return to mark the place found, Aquamacs now also
_selects_ that text. Moreover, when you ^s^s to repeat the search, it
doesn't simply select the new match - it selects everything from the
first match to the second match inclusive.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would want this as the default.
Is there something wrong with my installation, or was this a conscious
decision.

Help - I hate the way this works now.

-- Dick Vile, at home in Dexter MI USA