[OS X Emacs] Incremental search in Aquamacs 1.4

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:26:49 EDT 2008

The behavior you describe is indeed a system-wide convention.  There
have been discussions on this on emacs-devel.

I believe it is largely annoying when using the keyboard only (i.e.,
the PgUp/PgDown mapping), but it is a useful feature when you make use
of the mouse (a default assumption on the Mac).  Unlike the Emacs way
of doing things, it does not require you to know a mechanism to store
the current cursor position, such as the Mark ring or the relatively
long bindings for bookmarks.

There are currently no concrete plans to change the behavior in
Aquamacs (and it would be technically challenging), but if and when we
do, there will be a simple switch to go back to the old mode.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!