[OS X Emacs] Slime+OpenMCL: debugging

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:36:43 EST 2008

On 12 Dec 2008, at 02:02, Bill Clementson wrote:

> I do C-x C-s to save it and then do C-c C-k to compile the buffer. I
> then switch to the repl and I enter (x 3 0) and get an SLDB debugger
> buffer:

OK, progress.  When I use C-c C-k to compile the file, it works as
expected.
It is only when I use C-c C-r or C-x C-e to redefine a single function
(or evaluate the file) that debugging fails afterwards.

As an Elisper, C-x C-e is pretty much what I'm used to and I'm
surprised that compiling yields substantially (better) results than
evaluating for debugging purposes...

>> OK, maybe we'll have to do that in Aquamacs, too, if no-one
>> volunteers to
>> make an installable .pkg so it can be updated independently.
>
> I thought John Wiegley was going to do this (based on the earlier
> email exchange we had)?

Yes, but nothing has happened.  I've e-mailed him (cc'ed you).

- D