[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.3rc2 (Release Candidate 2)

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Feb 5 14:58:21 EST 2008

Hi David,

thanks for the great work!

> Aquamacs Emacs 1.3rc2 (Release Candidate 2) is now available

A general problem I have with aquamacs: how do I catch an application
quit? I have the following keybindings jumping into a custom function,
and for C-xC-c it works nicely, but Quitting through Mac OS X means
(i.e. selecting quit in the application menu) the function is never
entered. Any suggestions on how to achieve that?

(global-set-key "\C-x\C-c" 'jk/save-buffers-kill-emacs)
(if jk/aquamacs-p
     (global-set-key [mac-application-quit] 'jk/save-buffers-kill-
emacs))

>   * Setting of `mac-function-modifier' now works in conjunction with
> arrow keys on Leopard. Reported by Claude Flener. Patch by Yamamoto
> Mitsuharu.

Thanks for fixing that, it now seems to work for me as well.

>   * File names with non-ASCII characters such as German Umlauts or
> accented characters will be displayed and dealt with correctly.
> Reported by Ted Roden.

What does that mean? It does not work for me...
If I touch "küpper.txt" in Terminal.app and open the file in Aquamacs
1.3rc2, it is called "ku"pper.txt", the same holds in dired-mode. If I
copy the filename from dired and paste it in Mail.app, I get
"küpper.txt" (looks correct to me)...

However, I would expect to get a correct display inside Emacs;-O

>   * The Aquamacs application icon has been revised to look better in
> Leopard's Dock.

Not sure how it looks better in my (right hand side) Leopard Dock -- I
don't actually like the bright head...

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll