[OS X Emacs] Saving without Resource Fork

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:32:53 EST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 9:34 AM, David Reitter wrote:

> Joshua, since you've investigated this: is what Aquamacs does
> different in any way from other editors such as Textedit,
> Textwrangler or BBEdit?
>
> - D

Here's my experience with some test cases:

TextEdit -- removes any creator and type codes after editing and saving a
file.  Same result as creating and saving a new file in TextEdit.

TextWrangler -- Adds TEXT type code if no type code exists previously.  Does
not modify creator code for previously-created files.  New files created
with TW get its own creator and type codes.

TexShop -- Always modifies creator and type codes.

Aquamacs -- Adds creator code if file had none before, and same behavior for
type code.  Does not modify pre-existing codes.

So other editors don't have consistent behavior, but Aquamacs's behavior
doesn't match any of my test apps.

--Nathaniel