[OS X Emacs] Re: Aquamacs Emacs 1.3rc2 (Release Candidate 2)

Ian Soboroff isoboroff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:31:04 EST 2008

David Reitter <david.reitter <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Aquamacs Emacs 1.3rc2 (Release Candidate 2) is now available
>
> I've uploaded a new release candidate for version 1.3 - please have a
> look and test if you can.

I was wondering if I could suggest a feature, although I guess if you're in the
-rc stage maybe not.

The 1.2 behavior of putting y-or-n-p questions in dialog boxes drives me batty,
ao I do the following in my .emacs: (after reading aquamacs.el)

(if (fboundp 'old-y-or-n-p)
    (fset 'y-or-n-p 'old-y-or-n-p))
(if (fboundp 'old-yes-or-no-p)
    (fset 'yes-or-no-p 'old-yes-or-no-p))

Is it hard to add this dialog-state as a customization in the
Aquamacs-more-than-Emacs group?  My elisp-fu isn't that strong otherwise I'd
just send a patch.

Thanks for making a nice Mac Emacs.
Ian