[OS X Emacs] "Paste" from clipboard in Aquamacs

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:24:21 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Travis Jensen <travis.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Is there a way to bind the clipboard copy and paste functions within
>  Aquamacs?  Well, of course I can bind them if they exist as
>  functions. :)  So the real question is: are there functions I can
>  bind?  I'm using the command-key for alt so I don't have to break my
>  thumb to hit the alt, so I'd like to bind "paste" to something other
>  than command-v.

You can find the function called by any keybinding by running
describe-key via C-h k , then your key sequence, e.g. command-v.
This can also be run via menubar: Help-->Describe-->Describe Key or
Mouse Operation

You'll find that command-v (paste) is bound to cua-paste and command-c
(copy) is bound to cua-copy.

--Nathaniel