[OS X Emacs] "Paste" from clipboard in Aquamacs

Travis Jensen travis.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:39:41 EST 2008

Thanks for the reply.  I played with this and it still doesn't put it
onto or get the text from the OS X clipboard (e.g. what happens when
you use the "Edit | Copy" or  "Edit | Paste" menu.  I had assumed that
command-c and command-v did that by default (I never bothered to
check :), but I'm guessing not now.

I did some more digging, though, and came across what I was looking for:

clipboard-kill-region
   Command: Kill the region, and save it in the X clipboard.
   Plist: menu-enable event-symbol-element-mask event-symbol-elements
modifier-cache
clipboard-kill-ring-save
   Command: Copy region to kill ring, and save in the X clipboard.
   Plist: menu-enable event-symbol-element-mask event-symbol-elements
modifier-cache
clipboard-yank
   Command: Insert the clipboard contents, or the last stretch of
killed text.
   Plist: menu-enable delete-selection event-symbol-element-mask event-
symbol-elements modifier-cache

Silly me for thinking copy/paste.  Should have been thinking kill/
yank. :)

tj