Re: [OS X Emacs] ``Microsoft to build an ‘Emacs.Net’ text editor''

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 01:45:34 EST 2008

On  3 Jan, 2008, at 00:18, Daniel Lyons wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008, at 11:08 PM, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>
>> My best wishes to you all in this new year..., and have you read this
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1069&tag=nl.e539 ?
>

> Let's pretend we live in a universe where 90% of M$ predictions
> aren't vaporware... Oh wait, this is the Emacs on *Mac OS X*
> mailing list! I always forget!

I don't, but you can't just ignore the Dark Side. It has very strange
ways, like having Leslie Lamport on it's payroll, consulting Donald
Knuth about math typography, and, on the other hand, trying to take
over specifications they didn't develop and disseminating FUD among
Linux users for supposed patent infringements without revealing which
ones.

Best,

Axel