[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: two AUCTeX issues

Paul Rathouz prathouz at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 8 18:16:56 EST 2008

Hi All - I am using Aquamacs 1.2a on Leopard.

Two issues:

1. When I make  displayed equation, e.g.:

    \[
    \beta + x - 4 = \frac{3}{4}
    \]

    the commands display in a nice gray font and the other symbols in
    black.  They do this *until* I issue the closing "\]", at which
    point it all becomes a sort of burnt orange.  Is there anyway to
    keep the nice gray-black display even after "closing" the equation?

2. When I use the AUCTeX preview feature (C-c C-p C-p), Auctex
    generates nice previews in Aquamacs.  But, when I shut those
    previews off (using C-c C-p C-c C-d), once I start re-latexing the
    document (using C-c C-c), the current pdf file is not updated;
    rather only some file called _region_.pdf is created.  I have to
    kill the buffer and start over again to get latex to run on the
    whole file associated with the buffer.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.  -- pr

Paul Rathouz, Assoc. Professor of Biostatistics           ph 773-834-1970
Dept. of Health Studies, Rm. W-264                       fax 773-702-1979
University of Chicago                               prathouz at uchicago.edu
5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 2007
Chicago, IL  60637

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.