[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching from Carbon Emacs to Emacs.app

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu Jan 10 10:22:40 EST 2008

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> I wouldn't mess with such mimicry – the radical approach of
> ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist solves the issue for all applications, Aqua,
> Cocoa, Carbon, X11, ...
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

Hmm, but this is even more horrible and is undocumented.  I have
the developer tools installed, but a spotlight search turns up nothing.
A google search points to an article in ADC.  Environment variable
expansion does not occur, it is only for a single user, you have to
logoff and logon to see your changes,...  I could go on and on.  It
wouldn't be hard to write a shell script that
would generate environment.plist at logon, but that seems to be
re-inventing the wheel.  We must be missing something.