[OS X Emacs] EOF error running XeTeX+AUCTeX+Emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jan 13 05:13:11 EST 2008

Am 13.01.2008 um 02:24 schrieb pdfinn:

> Thanks Pete for the code you sent setting TeX-command-list to
> include XeTeX---it
> looks like what I need (though I'm starting a new thread at this
> point).  I've
> worked the code quoted below into my .emacs, but when I run a XeTeX
> command
> through AUCTeX on a file I get the following:
>
> Running `XeTeX' on `foobar' with ``%`xetex\nonstopmode%' foobar.tex''
> /bin/sh: -c: line 1: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
> /bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
>
> XeTeX exited abnormally with code 2 at Sat Jan 12 16:17:29

There is something different. I get in the *... output* buffer:

	Running `XeTeX' on `AAT-info' with ``xetex -interaction=nonstopmode
"\input" AAT-info.tex''
	This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.997 (Web2C 7.5.6)
	entering extended mode
	(./AAT-info.tex [1] )
	Output written on AAT-info.pdf (1 page).
	Transcript written on AAT-info.log.

	XeTeX finished at Sun Jan 13 10:47:23

This does not seem to come from my post ...

In TeX menu -> Customise AUCTeX you can select to Extend this Menu.
Upon next entry you'll see much more entries. Choose from TeX menu ->
Customise AUCTeX -> TeX Command -> TeX Command list…. Now you'll see
all the *TeX commands. Compare XeTeX with some other TeX. I have:

Tex Command List: Hide Value
INS DEL Name: XeTeX
             Command: %`xetex%(mode)%' %t
             How: Value Menu TeX-run-TeX
                         Create a process for NAME using COMMAND to
format FILE with TeX.
             Prompt: Toggle  off (nil)
             Modes: Value Menu Set:
             [X] Plain TeX
             [ ] LaTeX
             [ ] DocTeX
             [X] ConTeXt
             [X] Texinfo
             [X] AmSTeX
             Menu elements:
             INS DEL Lisp expression: :help
             INS DEL Lisp expression: "Run XeTeX with xdvipdfmx driver"
             INS
INS DEL Name: XeTeXx
             Command: %`xetex -output-driver=xdv2pdf%(mode)%' %t
             How: Value Menu TeX-run-TeX
                         Create a process for NAME using COMMAND to
format FILE with TeX.
             Prompt: Toggle  off (nil)
             Modes: Value Menu Set:
             [X] Plain TeX
             [ ] LaTeX
             [ ] DocTeX
             [X] ConTeXt
             [X] Texinfo
             [X] AmSTeX
             Menu elements:
             INS DEL Lisp expression: :help
             INS DEL Lisp expression: "Run XeTeX with xdv2pdf driver"
             INS
INS DEL Name: XeLaTeX
             Command: %`xelatex%(mode)%' %t
             How: Value Menu TeX-run-TeX
                         Create a process for NAME using COMMAND to
format FILE with TeX.
             Prompt: Toggle  off (nil)
             Modes: Value Menu Set:
             [ ] Plain TeX