[OS X Emacs] diff -a?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 15 14:48:37 EST 2008

    >> So, I'm wondering if this should just be the default on OS X.

    Pete> No. I want to be warned. And I can handle the tools from the Tools
    Pete> menu. Besides, I can't imagine text files that might be mis-
    Pete> interpreted as binary files. Can you specify your "binary" text
    Pete> file?

Just for completeness sake, Rodney's "binary" files were two set command
outputs with a single NUL character about 500 characters into an otherwise
plain ASCII text file.

I'm having trouble understanding what you meant by "And I can handle the
tools from the Tools menu."  I don't use the menus at all except to copy and
paste text between XEmacs and Mac OS X (my old Powerbook doesn't have copy
or paste keys).  Looking in the Tools menu I don't see anything about
ignoring the binaryness of two files.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/

The major difference between Democrats and Republicans is that
Republicans don't know that Randy Newman's lyrics are full of sarcasm.