[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs question: disable/rename backup files?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 22 12:10:41 EST 2008

Am 22.01.2008 um 15:48 schrieb Theodore Todorov:

> So the question is: how can I disable this backup mechanism, or
> change the name generation template so that the extension is modified?

I wouldn't disable, but put the backups aside:

;; Backups to central location
(setq make-backup-files         t ; backup my files
       backup-by-copying         t ; don't clobber sym-links
       backup-directory-alist    '(("." . "~/.emacs.d/
Sicherungen")) ;don't litter
       delete-old-versions       t ; some time it can be enough ...
       kept-new-versions         6
       kept-old-versions         2
       version-control           t ; use versioned backups
       vc-make-backup-files      t ; make backups for cvs projects
       vc-follow-symlinks        t)

--
Greetings

   Pete

’Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to
thank her for it.
				— W.C. Fields