[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs question: disable/rename backup files?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 22 13:01:11 EST 2008

    >> So the question is: how can I disable this backup mechanism, or
    >> change the name generation template so that the extension is
    >> modified?

    Peter> I wouldn't disable, but put the backups aside:

Is this strange backup file form peculiar to Aquamacs?  If so, can someone
shed some light on why it doesn't just use the normal ~ or ~N~ thing that (I
think) all other versions of Emacs use?

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/

The major difference between Democrats and Republicans is that
Republicans don't know that Randy Newman's lyrics are full of sarcasm.