[OS X Emacs] pdfsync in 1.3

Arthur Ogus ogus at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jan 24 01:11:40 EST 2008

I'm pretty confused about the status of pdfsync with emacs and latex
these days.
I had it working pretty well with TeXniscope and Aquaemacs 1.2, using
various hacks.
However on my Intel machine running Leopard,  TeXniscope messes up
the font cache (it works okay
so far with my PPC machine, however.)  I've decided to try to switch
to Skim, (although I like
TeXniscope much more), since this seems to be the way things are
going, and I was happy
to see that 1.3 is supposed to work with Skim with no configuration.
Although command-shift
click in Skim finds the right place in the source document in emacs,
it doesn't work well in the other direction:
command-shift click switched to Skim, but doesn't locate the correct
place in the document.
I tried also using the suggestion from Wikepedia, which suggests
something like

(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook
     (lambda ()
         (add-to-list 'TeX-output-view-style
               "/Applications/Skim.app/Contents/SharedSupport/
displayline %n %o %b")))
)

This does make C-c C-v work well, but not the key binding.

What's going on here?

Thanks

Arthur Ogus