[OS X Emacs] tabs

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 22:06:50 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Tom Van Vleck <thvv at multicians.org> wrote:

> I had a bunch of tabs.  Then by mistake I typed flower-2.
> That split my window.  Didn't want that.  So I hit ^x-1.
> Poof, all the tabs gone.  Not what I wanted, I wanted my
> frontmost window un-split and the tabs to remain there.

If you hit Cmd-1 instead ( = Window --> Remove Splits) you would get your
wish.

Note that it's not always possible, when adding new features, to build
support for them directly into the existing emacs functions; instead, we
create new functions to roll in the necessary improvements.  I.e., if you
use raw emacs commands/keybindings, you'll often get raw emacs behavior.
Sounds like what is needed is better documentation of the
functions/keybinding associated with new features in Aquamacs.

If the above scenario ever repeats itself, you'll find that your
"disappeared" buffers are still open, and they'll get tabs again when
displayed (e.g. via the buffers list in the Window menu).

--Nathaniel