[OS X Emacs] tabs

Tom Van Vleck thvv at multicians.org
Tue Jul 15 09:55:32 EDT 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Nathaniel Cunningham wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Tom Van Vleck
> <thvv at multicians.org> wrote:
> I had a bunch of tabs.  Then by mistake I typed flower-2.
> That split my window.  Didn't want that.  So I hit ^x-1.
> Poof, all the tabs gone.  Not what I wanted, I wanted my
> frontmost window un-split and the tabs to remain there.
>
> If you hit Cmd-1 instead ( = Window --> Remove Splits) you would
> get your wish.

apropos split didn't find cmd-1 because its name and documentation
do not contain 'split' .. it is called aquamacs-delete-other-windows.
the documentation for command aquamacs-split-window-vertically
does not mention its inverse.  so it is possible to miss it.

^x-1 will disappear a help buffer without deleting the tabs.

the word "tab" also pertains to the tab character, so apropos tab
finds a mixture of items.

still like the feature, thanks.