[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and aspell

Thomas S. Dye tsd at tsdye.com
Mon Jul 28 14:44:56 EDT 2008

Aloha all,

I'm running into a problem with running a new install of aspell in
Aquamacs.  I installed the macports aspell and the english dictionary,
per the instructions in the Aquamacs Wiki.  aspell can be called from
the command line and it recognizes that its English dictionary is
available.  I restarted Aquamacs, per the instructions in the wiki,
opened a LaTeX document and ran Spell from the Command menu.  The mode
line says "Continuing spelling check using aspell with default
dictionary..." and nothing happens.  top shows Aquamacs Emacs using
99.9% of CPU time. I have to Force Quit because Aquamacs no longer
accepts keyboard input.

Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.
Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884
http://www.tsdye.com