[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.5 RC1 (preview version)
david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:55:08 EDT 2008
We have begun testing of Aquamacs version 1.5.
If you'd like to help or if you are experiencing any issues with 1.4,
please try the new release candidate 1.5 rc1:
A list of improvements can be found below.
http://aquamacs.org -- Aquamacs: Emacs on Mac OS X
http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!
Changes---1.5 RC1 (Preview Version)
* Aquamacs now handles paragraphs better that are stored as
single lines in the buffer: these very long ``lines'' are shown as
paragraphs, with words wrapped were appropriate. The wrap functions in
the Options menu will use the new technique. As a result, line numbers
shown in Aquamacs correspond to line numbers in the file. Also, word
wrap will work better now with variable-width fonts. Syntax
highlighting is now correct in all situations, because it is based on
the line separation in the underlying file and not on what's displayed
(`longlines-mode' is not used any longer; a new variable `word-wrap'
controls the display-time word wrapping.) Code by Kim F. Storm, Chong
Yidong, David Reitter.
* The end of file lines (newlines) or paragraph endings in soft
word wrapping can be visualized via Option / Show/Hide / Show Newlines
* Symbols in the fringes have been adapted to look less
conspicuous. (These are the indicators to the left and right of text
lines.) Code by Kim F. Storm.
* The ``small left fringe'' setting in the Show/Hide menu works
again as intended.
* Automatic wrapping detection (hard word wrap = auto-fill,
vs.~soft word wrap) improved. A new customization option `auto-word-
wrap-default-function' may be used to configure the default, which is
hard word wrapping.
* Navigation in buffers (up/down) optimized and improved. This is
also a new buffer-local mode (`visual-line-mode'), which is enabled
globally (`global-visual-line-mode'). That's also what the ``vl'' mode
line indicator stands for.
* Command-Backspace will remove the whole visual line now (`kill-
whole-visual-line'), while Command-Shift-Backspace will remove the
entire buffer line (which may be a paragraph, when soft wrap is on).
* Environment variables are imported again in most situations
despite bugs in OS X / Emacs. This issue could cause LaTeX calls to
fail. The *Messages* buffer contains helpful notices. Reported by
Thomas S. Dye and others.
* An issue where pressing M-Backspace (especially in the
minibuffer) could lead to an error message has been resolved.
* The Help menu (in ``Diagnose and Report Bug'') provides a way
to start another Aquamacs Emacs instance without any personal
customizations. This should be used to reproduce any potential bugs
before reporting them.
* LaTeX configuration (standard paths) simplified.
* Auto Frame Styles are turned on automatically when the user
chooses to retain frame settings (colors, fonts) for a mode or as a
* Searching for keywords in the Help menu now includes the Emacs
Manual and the Emacs Lisp Reference.
* Structure of Help menu revised.
* in SLIME (Lisp mode), the Aquamacs tabs work again. (`slime-
header-line-p' now defaults to nil; customize this variable to revert
to the old behavior.)
* Internal change: Full-screen editing is now handled via the
frame parameter `fullscreen'.
* Further minor bug fixes.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2193 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the MacOSX-Emacs