[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs and aspell

Jochen Küpper kuepper.jochen at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 30 04:40:41 EDT 2008

On 29.07.2008, at 23:47, Jörg Frauendiener wrote:

>>> this seems to be a problem with the macports version of aspell.
>>
>> I do not have this problem with the MacPorts version of aspell --
>> and I use it for years... Do you have the latest version installed?
>>
>> If appropriate, could you please provide a bug-report at https://trac.macports.org/
>
> In fact, I had the same problem as Thomas and I found out about the
> possible cause from the macports mailing list. So either this is
> already known or it has been solved in the latest version.

Well, there is a problem with the latest aspell release itself, but
that makes aspell fail regardless of whether you run it from Aquamacs
or from the Terminal -- different from what you reported.

Moreover, this *is fixed* in MacPorts by a patch provided by the
aspell author...

If you do
   sudo port sync
   sudo port upgrade -unf aspell
it should definitely work.

Please provide a bug-report with MacPorts otherwise!

Greetings,
Jochen
         Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll