[OS X Emacs] Font embedding

Ivan Werning iwerning at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:38:46 EDT 2008

On Jun 3, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 03.06.2008 um 15:07 schrieb Edward M. Roche (江戸浪士):
>
>> Does anyone know anything snout this or know if there is a simple
>> aquamacs option that will ensure that when the latex file is
>> converted to PDF it has all the fonts embedded?

I've had the same question...

> From the Mac OS X print dialog you can choose between almost a dozen
> different PDF formats. There should be one compliant with
> "commercial" printers (PDF/X).

...what do you mean exactly? Are you suggesting we first create the
PDF with pdflatex (or latex-dvi2ps-ps2pdf) and then send print the
document into a file? Is that what you man by the Mac OS X print dialog?

I would have thought ps2pdf and pdflatex would have options for
forcing embedding fonts (true type). Then I was wondering how best to
ensure that aquamacs calls these options on the default compile.