[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs | migration from PPC to Intel Mac | Loss of Tex

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 07:12:19 EDT 2008

On 6 Jun 2008, at 17:24, Edward M. Roche wrote:

> Has anyone had experience moving from a PPC to Intel mac using the
> Account Migration feature [that copies all files across a network
> link] whereupon the Latex features of Aquamacs no longer work on the
> new installation?
> Stranger for me is that the TexShop installation works. Does that
> possibly mean that on the previous machine there were two instances
> of Tex installed, one used by Aquamacs one by TexShop? Or does it
> mean something else?
> For example, is there a set of setting in Aquamacs that tells where
> to look for the Tex installation?
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> p.s. I have deleted and re-installed Aquamacs on the new machine,
> but the problem still persists.

I'm copying this over from the aquamacs-bugs list, because it's
unlikely to be a bug in Aquamacs.

A good test for these cases is to fire up a terminal (Terminal.app)
and see if "latex" works from there.  This will be the case if the
"PATH" setting is correct within a login shell.  In that case, an
unconfigured Aquamacs will (in most situations, i.e. with a Bash
shell) also find the "latex" executables.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!