[OS X Emacs] Re: Aquamacs Emacs 1.4rc2

Renzo Been swangdoodles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:19:49 EDT 2008

David Reitter <david.reitter <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Aquamacs Emacs 1.4 Release Candidate 2 is on our servers for you to
> download, check out and tinker with.
> Of course we'd like your feedback on aquamacs-bugs <at> aquamacs.org.  To
> report bugs, please use Help -> Send Bug Report.
>
> http://aquamacs.org/download.shtml
>
> (1.4rc2 is a "preview" version: it may contain unresolved issues.)
>
> What's new?
> This is a feature release providing tabs, persistent *scratch*
> buffers, full screen editing a redesigned tool-bar with better-looking
> icons, much improved LaTeX support, multilingual Aspell support for
> spell-checking (hassle-free use of dictionaries), better frame
> positioning on dual-screen setups, and, and, and...
>
> Note: tabs are enabled in the Options menu. De-select "Show Buffers in
> New Frames" to open new files in their own tabs.

Hi,

I have been trying Aquamacs Distribution 1.4rc2

As reported before, it is running quite slow, especially when using my own
key-bindings and custom-commands...

The full-screen mode is great, and working fine.

I tried adding transparency (as that would be very nice with the full-screen
mode) by using;
(set-alpha 47)
But that does not seem to work (it did work under 1.3)

I use
MAC OS X 10.5.2
1.33GHz iBook PowerPC G4

Ciao,