[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs 1.4 RC2 performance

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 07:02:14 EDT 2008

On 11 Jun 2008, at 11:15, Sebastjan Trepca wrote:

> Ok, I created a new user and started Aquamacs. There are no
> preferences or customizations set(global also).
>
> All I do is enable ido "M-x ido-mode" and then play with it (which is
> a bit strange, because there was no ido-mode included in the last
> Aquamacs).

eh?  ido-mode should be included.

Please type

M-x lisp-interaction-mode RET
(locate-library "ido")

Followed by C-j

You should see a path. What is it?

> I do this for both modes -Q and normal mode. The first one is
> superfast, the second takes about half a second for each completion.

OK, it is definitely something that happens in Aquamacs.

One thing that may be causing this is smart frame positioning, which
has been improved since 1.3.
Please execute

(remove-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook 'smart-move-minibuffer-inside-
screen)

(type C-x C-e after entering the above).
Then try again.  Faster now?

The other thing may be related to the tool bar, which has improved
greatly.  Try turning it off before entering C-x C-f.  Does this make
a difference?

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!