[OS X Emacs] Carbon Emacs INFOPATH

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jun 17 09:53:08 EDT 2008

Am 17.06.2008 um 13:18 schrieb Alastair Rankine:

> From what I can see, INFOPATH is being set somewhere in Emacs.app,
> because (getenv "INFOPATH") returns the following:
>
> "/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/info:/Applications/
> Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/extra/info"
>
> Pretty sure I'm not setting this myself manually.

In some shell (in Terminal, for example) you can invoke

	env

or

	env | grep INFOPATH

to be sure.

For me it has worked very well to set INFOPATH for all my Emacsen. So
*my* recommendation is to set it, either in ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist, or for the login shell, or just in some init file.
All Emacsen add the info files they bring to the system at the end of
INFOPATH.

--
Greetings

   Pete

You can learn many things from children.  How much patience you have,
for instance.
				– Franklin P. Jones