[OS X Emacs] How do I generate HTML from Aquamacs - Auctex.

Graham Smith myotisone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:33:27 EST 2008

David,

Not sure I understand the relevance of WYSIWYG point.  I would have thought
tahat converting one mark up language (Latex) to another (HTML) would have
been easier than turning some sort of WYSIWYG wordprocessor file into  HTML.

As it stands, Aquamacs with the bundled Auctex can complile to PDF just as
Lyx does. But Lyx also gives an option to compile (or maybe its "convert" to
HTML rather than PDF.

Given the excellent suite of tools provided by Aquamacs, and I am very
grateful to have Aquamacs and ESS  in a single easy to load package, I
thought that possibly Latex2HTML or some other tool might also have been
hidden somewhere in the package and I just hadn't found it.

And no, as you sggest  File->Export-HTML, doesn't do what I want as it
creates a web page with the Latex mark up rather than converting the Latex
mark up to HTML.

There are several solutions to this, but I'm afraid I was looking for the
easiest one :-(

Thanks,

Graham