[OS X Emacs] AUCTeX-XeTeX broken after switch to Carbon Emacs

pdfinn at uwm.edu pdfinn at uwm.edu
Sat May 10 18:55:19 EDT 2008

Hello David,

I have an Intel MacBook Pro, running Tiger 10.4.11.  I cannot replicate the bug
using the latest developer builds.  I do recall however, that Aquamacs only
crashed when the mac-toggle-full-frame command was run---the Command-Shift-Return
command was (and still is) reported as undefined.  The command now works for me
using last night's build---and the full-screen display look great, nice job.  The
GNU-Emacs-nightly installer clobbered my copy of Carbon Emacs though (which calls
itself ``Emacs.'')  It might be nice if the installer had an installation notice
about this (at least where it planed to put things)---though (Carbon) Emacs really
should have a distinct name.  (I've tried renaming Carbon Emacs, but that breaks
things, so at present I cannot run both programs interchangeably without
adjustments each time.)

In Aquamacs, my Wanderlust MUA component and w3m are not working---so for now I'm
going to stick with Carbon Emacs where they do.  I'll keep an eye on Aquamacs'
development though.

Regards,
Peter