[OS X Emacs] aquamacs and flyspell

Ivan Werning iwerning at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:47:35 EDT 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Johannes Brauer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody tell me what I have to put in my Preferences.el in order
> to o enter flyspell mode automatically.
>
> I tried it with this line:
> (setq-default flyspell-mode t)
> But this is not enough. Though the "Check Spelling as you type"
> option in the edit-spelling menu is activated, fly mode is not.
> After deactivating and reactivating of the option all works fine.
> Johannes

I've also wondered how to get this working.

I tried your line (setq-default flyspell-mode t) and got the same
behaviour you describe.

I found the following suggested by googling and it works for me:
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
It starts any Latex buffer with flyspell mode. I hope this helps.