[OS X Emacs] aquamacs and flyspell

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed May 14 07:59:47 EDT 2008

On 14 May 2008, at 11:47, Ivan Werning wrote:
> I found the following suggested by googling and it works for me:
> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'flyspell-mode)
> It starts any Latex buffer with flyspell mode. I hope this helps.

What Johannes described is a real bug (in the Aquamacs interface).

You can do M-x customize-option RET text-mode-hook RET

and enable the "flyspell" option with one click.

This should then enable it for all text files.

Does one ever need spelling (by default) outside of text-derived modes?

Text modes include LaTeX, HTML, and the like, but not programming modes.

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!