[OS X Emacs] Problem with compile region or compile buffer (auctex) in aquamacs

Johannes Brauer brauer at nordakademie.de
Tue May 20 15:49:17 EDT 2008

Am 20.05.2008 um 14:29 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> Is that a known problem?
>
> No. BTW, is it documented that preview-latex works on "normal" text?
> I thought it's meant to visualise mathematical formulae ... and for
> me it does not seem to work on a paragraph of text.
In my opinion the problem I posted has nothing to do with preview-latex.
> You probably meant to be using C-c C-p C-r or C-c C-p C-b?
No, I qote the Auctex-Manual:

3.2.4 Running LaTeX on parts of your document

If you want to check how some part of your text looks like, and do not
want to wait until the whole document has been typeset, then mark it as
a region and use `C-c C-r'.  It behaves just like `C-c C-c', but it
only uses the document preamble and the region you marked.

    If you are using `\include' or `\input' to structure your document,
try `C-c C-b' while you are editing one of the included files.  It will
run `latex' only on the current buffer, using the preamble from the
master file.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Johannes Brauer