[OS X Emacs] Re: hard line fill problem

Ivan Werning iwerning at gmail.com
Thu May 22 00:09:04 EDT 2008

Following up on this problem...

I have discovered a clue: that when I start a new buffer or open any
existing buffer my local setting for column-fill is at 50! However,
the global default is at 70. I don't know why or how the local one is
always set at 50. It is really annoying. I have changed the local
value by doing C-u 70 C-c f (to set it to 70) or by just turning off
the hard fill and then turning it back on. After doing that I get the
expected behavior with a column of 70.

I can't find anything unusual or with the number 50 in my
customization.el or preference.el or .emacs (in fact, I have an
empty .emacs file).

Any ideas? Any help much appreciated. Thanks

-Ivan