[Aquamacs-bugs] [OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.4rc1

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:24:44 EDT 2008

On 28 May 2008, at 15:17, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:

> It seems the tab feature is still somewhat incomplete. When tabs are
> enabled, a newly opened document should appear in a new tab which
> becomes the selected one. However, this isn't the most critical issue.
> It's just no quite right yet.

Apple-T creates a new tab: see also the File menu.
The option is just there to toggle the display of tabs; it is enabled
automatically if you press Apple-T.

> It seems that some standard key bindings are broken. For instance, C-x
> C-s doesn't work,

works as expected for me: it saves the buffer.
Did you try to use it on the *scratch* buffer?  That one has a
designated file now, so your changes are saved there.  This is
indicated in the echo area.

> but it doesn't mean anything else,

Not for me.  C-h k C-x C-s gives me save-buffer.

> Further,
> keybindings like C-c C-s for creating a new section are broken.

C-c C-s is not defined in GNU Emacs either, and since it's a C-c
binding, it would be a major-mode specific binding.
Do you mean a new section in LaTeX perhaps?
I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

Let's figure out which of your settings is causing this!

- D