[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.4rc1

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed May 28 10:17:41 EDT 2008

On May 24, 2008, at 6:21 PM, David Reitter wrote:

> Aquamacs Emacs 1.4 Release Candidate 1 is on our servers for you to
> download, check out and tinker with.
> Of course we'd like your feedback on aquamacs-bugs at aquamacs.org.  To
> report bugs, please use Help -> Send Bug Report.
>
> http://aquamacs.org/download.shtml
>
> (1.4rc1 is a "preview" version: it may contain unresolved issues.)
>
> What's new?
> This is a feature release providing tabs, persistent *scratch*
> buffers, full screen editing a redesigned tool-bar with better-
> looking icons, much improved LaTeX support, multilingual Aspell
> support for spell-checking (hassle-free use of dictionaries), better
> frame positioning on dual-screen setups, and, and, and...
>
> Note: tabs are enabled in the Options menu.

It seems the tab feature is still somewhat incomplete. When tabs are
enabled, a newly opened document should appear in a new tab which
becomes the selected one. However, this isn't the most critical issue.
It's just no quite right yet.

It seems that some standard key bindings are broken. For instance, C-x
C-s doesn't work, but it doesn't mean anything else, so there's no
reason for it to disappear. I see where there may be a desire for only
one key binding for an operation, but this used to work fine. Further,
keybindings like C-c C-s for creating a new section are broken. Not
all are broken, there are what I've found so far. Since I use them
repeatedly, they've become very noticeable for me.

Are these things I'm seeing alone, or are others seeing them too?
Joe