[Aquamacs-bugs] [OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.4rc1

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu May 29 22:56:41 EDT 2008

    skip> More digging suggests that this has something to do with me
    skip> setting PATH and MANPATH in my .bash_profile.  Rather than
    skip> deleting those settings altogether I'm going to just try refining
    skip> them a bit to see if I can get things working.

Shortening up PATH and MANPATH improves things though path_helper still runs
for several seconds.  Maybe it's iterating (many times?) over the existing
contents of PATH and MANPATH.  In other sources I found on the net people
reported that getting rid of PATH and MANPATH setting in their
~/.bash_profile files solved the problem.

Skip