[Aquamacs-bugs] [OS X Emacs] Aquamacs Emacs 1.4rc1

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri May 30 04:18:24 EDT 2008

Am 30.05.2008 um 04:56 schrieb skip:

> In other sources I found on the net people
> reported that getting rid of PATH and MANPATH setting in their
> ~/.bash_profile files solved the problem.

You can set these in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. Mac OS X
applications are not created in the same way as in FreeBSD or any
other UNIX. No shell environment is used in this process, so no shell
environments are copied into in the application's process
environment. Nevertheless you have more than two ways to solve your
problem:

	• use ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, as recommended earlier (also
lookup the defaults command, as in for example: 'export PATH=$
(defaults read "${HOME}/.MacOSX/environment" PATH))'
	• launch Carbon and other Emacsen as '"/Applications/Carbon
Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs" &' from the shell
	• use something like '(setenv "INFOPATH" (concat "/Applications/
Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/edit-modes/info"
":" (getenv "INFOPATH")))' in your user init file

In the Developer Tools metapackage you can find Property List Editor
(in /Developer/Applications/Utilities). Apple has a short support
document on this: http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html.
You can create the file and its directory from the command line
(Emacs' *shell* buffer):

	defaults write "${HOME}/.MacOSX/environment" LC_ALL el_GR.UTF-8

--
Greetings

   Pete

Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish,
and you've depleted the lake.