[OS X Emacs] Keybindings question

Ian Eure ian at digg.com
Sat Nov 8 16:07:17 EST 2008

As I've been using Aquamacs, if I wanted to define a global binding,
I've been setting it in osx-key-mode-map. However, I want to make my
customizations less dependent on any specific emacs. So I changed
these to use (define-key (current-global-map)), and now they don't
work when there is a local binding for that key in a mode.

For example, I have C-c C-d bound to a custom function, but in php-
mode, this is bound to c-hungry-delete-forward. This no longer works
when I use (current-global-map). I tried turning off osx-key-mode, but
that didn't change anything, either.

How can I get the old behavior without using osx-key-mode-map?

  - Ian