[OS X Emacs] Auctex, pdf and LaTeX files

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Sat Nov 15 08:45:32 EST 2008

>> On 13 Nov 2008, at 15:44, pacotomi wrote:
>>>
>>> In some case I need to follow the dvi->ps->pdf tortuous lane :-)
>>> How can I make Aquamacs bind the 3 steps  (eliminate unwanted
>>> files, make the coffee) when I compile my foo.tex ?

The simpdftex engine does the three steps.
This is what I do in order to use the simpdftex engine (add it to your
~/.emacs file, and you'll find a new menu entry for simpdftex):

   (defvar simpdflatex-program
     "simpdftex latex --mode dvips --maxpfb --distiller ps2pdf14"
     "PDFLaTeX program via dvips")

   (defun simpdflatex-command nil simpdflatex-program)

   (setq TeX-expand-list
	 (cons '("%(simpdflatex)"  (lambda nil (simpdflatex-command)))
	       TeX-expand-list))

   (setq TeX-command-list
	 (cons '("simPDFLaTeX" "%(simpdflatex) %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
		 (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run pLaTeX")
	       TeX-command-list))

   (setq TeX-command-output-list
	 (cons '("simpdftex" ("pdf"))
	       TeX-command-output-list))

By the way, this would be a general way to add arbitrary engines.
cheers
--e.