[OS X Emacs] email with emacs?

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 19:59:30 EST 2008

>>>>> "skip" == skip  <skip at pobox.com> writes:

Jochen> what's wrong with Mail.app?

skip> Doesn't run on the computers at work for one thing.  For another
skip> just about any text composition facility pales in comparison
skip> with Emacs (of any stripe).  It is handy to be able to pump on a
skip> mail message to, say, python-dev at python.org when you're working
skip> on the Python source without having to switch contexts into a
skip> different program.

Jochen> I had used Gnus for many years. When I got my first Mac about
Jochen> two years ago, I continued to do that (Gnus in Aquamacs). It
Jochen> worked well.

skip> I wish VM worked in Aquamacs.

But it does!  I'm using it to compose this very message.  (Check the
headers!)  I have promised David I will send him a tar ball with the
files, but I have been very busy.  I hope to get to it this weekend.)

Cheers, José

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
Maxwell Institute and           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553