[OS X Emacs] Dynamic window positioning in Aquamacs

Adrian adrian.down at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:46:17 EDT 2008

"Roll your own" is definitely not what I was hoping to hear :-(.  I have no
knowledge of lisp nor any desire to learn for the sole sake of implementing
behaviour that Emacs should support by default.  If I were good enough to
edit the source, I would have abolished the infernal scratch buffer long
ago.
Smart positioning seems to be confusing the window positioning whether it is
turned on or off.  Even when it is turned off, I have to specify both
"default-" and "initial-frame-alist" parameters for my specifications to
take any effect.  Shouldn't I be able to specify these parameters
separately?

Unless anyone else has any suggestions, I'm going to have to relegate this
to the "recurring annoyances" category as I don't have the time to fully
debug it right now.

BTW, if anyone has any suggestions for a hack whereby I never have to see
the scratch buffer again, I would greatly appreciate it.  Perhaps this is a
subject for another post though...

Adrian