[OS X Emacs] Python Mode

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 12:39:52 EDT 2008

    Joe> Is anyone else having trouble with Python mode not working in AM
    Joe> 1.5?

    skip> What sort of trouble?  I don't routinely use Aquamacs, but I am
    skip> nominally one of the python-mode maintainers.  Are you using
    skip> python-mode.el or the GNU Emacs python.el?  I help maitain the
    skip> latter but know nothing about the former.  If you are using
    skip> python-mode.el and can describe your problem I can at least take a
    skip> look at it.  (I can't guarantee much though.  My ELisp chops have
    skip> sorely eroded over the years.)

Jeez, Skip.  Engage brain before typing.  Latter, meet Former.  Former, I'm
pleased to introduce you to Latter.  I'm sure the two of you will hit it
off...

I help maintain python-mode.el.  It is available here:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode

The XEmacs folks distribute a version of this.  The GNU Emacs folks wrote
their own a couple years ago and christened it python.el.  That looks to be
what's available in Aquamacs.  I see

    ~/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/python.el.gz

so, unless you downloaded and installed python-mode.el from SourceForge,
you're probably using the GNU Emacs version (which, as I indicated, I know
nothing about).

Skip