[OS X Emacs] Python Mode

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 13:20:33 EDT 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 12:39, skip at pobox.com wrote:
>    ~/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/
> progmodes/python.el.gz
>
> so, unless you downloaded and installed python-mode.el from
> SourceForge,
> you're probably using the GNU Emacs version (which, as I indicated,
> I know
> nothing about).

Aquamacs 1.5 comes with [a not so recent version of] python-mode.el
and also the GNU python.el.  By default it uses the non-GNU python-mode.

I have since (in CVS) removed python-mode.el because it displayed some
buggy behavior, and python.el appeared to be an updated version.  Note
that the python-mode v1.0 that is available for download at SF is
three years old.

As it stands now, the CVS version of Aquamacs uses the GNU python.el.

If you can shed light on differences and advantages (and perhaps point
me to a proper release of python-mode), we could decide what to
include in 1.6.

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!