[OS X Emacs] Accursed " *Minibuf-1*"

Nathaniel Cunningham nathaniel.cunningham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 20:20:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Ian Eure <ian at digg.com> wrote:

> I use iswitchb. Right now, every time I kill a buffer, then switch, the
> first buffer listed is " *Minibuf-1*" (not the leading space).

I searched for "space" in iswitchb.el and found:

iswitchb-buffer-ignore is a variable defined in `iswitchb.el'.
Its value is ("^ ")

Documentation:
*List of regexps or functions matching buffer names to ignore.
For example, traditional behavior is not to list buffers whose names begin
with a space, for which the regexp is `^ '.  See the source file for
example functions that filter buffer names

I tried (setq iswitchb-buffer-ignore nil) and got the same behavior you
report.  I put it right again using
(setq iswitchb-buffer-ignore '("^ "))

Check your value:
C-h v iswitch-buffer-ignore